Good news…our Home and Garden Tour preparation—our major
annual fundraiser—is on target and progressing nicely! Hope
you have marked your calendars for Saturday, May 4th! Brochures
have been mailed out, and you can take advantage of pre-sale
savings by getting your tour tickets online at www.tustinhistory.com
by Friday, May 3. Hope to see you there!
Thanks to the support of a wonderful team, we have already made
great progress in many areas this year.
1. Expand the Home and Garden Tour to include more vendors,
music and local businesses.
2. Use the Museum’s window display to celebrate and connect
to the community’s history.
3. Set up a website to be used for Museum activities (www.tustinmuseum.com).
4. Start YAC (Youth Advisory Committee) groups for ages 13 to
18 and 19 to 26.
5. Establish a HRC (History Research Committee) to help in research
6. Set up a LAN (Local Area Network) to connect all our computers.
7. Make it easier for members to use our Computer Research Center
in the Museum.
Tasks Under Way
8. Expand the Museum days to include more Saturdays.
9. Add additional historical information in our third grade
10. Set up an attractive retail area for our Museum visitors.
11. Explore ways to make changes: new displays, more interactive
12. Start Museum seminars and workshops covering a variety of
13. Offer the Museum for special events: retirement parties,
class reunions, etc.
14. Set an Oral Histories Committee schedule each month for
videos made at the Museum.
15. Increase our membership, add more docents, tour guides and
16. Add more Museum and community activities for our members
and visitors to enjoy.
To date, seven out of 16 goals met is a great accomplishment!
Everyone on the board, the office staff, and our volunteers
make all of this possible through teamwork and agreement on
common goals. It’s only April...so we
will continue full speed ahead!
Pete Beatty TAHS President
I am pleased to announce I have added John Nielsen as my advisor.
As a businessman and former Tustin Mayor (2016) he has the knowledge
and background needed to move the TAHS to a higher level. He
will be helping me in all areas that need his attention and
observing the museum general operation and expansion.
Three new groups have been added: Docent & Tour Guide Program,
Fundraising Committee and the
Tustin Preservation Committee.